LS5 Series – The reversible flail mowers that moves as per your command.
The LS5 Series is a range of reversible flail mowers that can suit excavators as small as 2.5T and as big as 12T (if you have a larger digger don’t panic just click here). As well as being incredibly robust, easy to use, light but strong and painted in beautiful bright blue, they are reversible. This means that the LS5 has no roller, unlike other flail heads which have a cutting direction: you put the boom down, you cut, then you lift the boom up and you bring it back to do it again. Without the cutting roller the LS5 Series can cut from left to right and from right to left as you cut. NB: the cutting efficiency is increased as well as the area you can clear per hour. This is beneficial especially when working on the road, where minimising the time you spend travelling against the traffic flow is essential.
It is important to point out that the spinning direction of the rotor doesn’t change: the standard setup fits both L shape blades or hammer blades. The cutting side must impact whatever you want to cut. Otherwise if the direction of the rotor changes the back of the blades, which are not sharp, would be hitting the target and therefore there would be very little cutting.
For diggers 5 – 12T the LS5 Series is available with standard or forestry rotor ( either with swinging hammers or with fixed teeth ) which brings up to over 300 mm the size of the branches that our hydraulic attachments can tackle. Every model of the LS5 Series is belt driven. Flails heads can be fitted with standard, forestry or fixed teeth rotor.
Our reversible flail mowers are delivered with:
- Chain guard on both sides to stop shreds ( boys you will need it especially with the forestry one).
- Anti-cavitation block of valves: a system that stops the back pressure from damaging the hydraulic pump if there is a sudden stop of the rotor of the flail mower due to an obstacle or a foreign object being hit during cutting.
- Optional: standard, quick hitch or floating mounting brackets
- Optional: pipes
- Optional: hydraulic opening of the sides
- Optional: Displacement piston engine
If you have any further questions about our LS5 range, please feel free to get in touch on 01524 242414. Or hit the ‘Get a Quote’ button above and one of our sales team will be in touch.