Compact and strong but light. The LS1 and LS2 Flail Mowers are the perfect solution for hedge cutting and ground clearing with small machines. With a cutting width of 600 or 800mm and fitted with either Y blades or Hammer blades. Even our smallest flails are able to deliver a clean cut on grass, brambles or light hedges. Hard to reach places, too wet or too narrow soon become easy to maintain.
Flail Mowers – When only the dinky can fit.
The weight of our flail mowers is a critical factor. They are strongly built but light because when you work with a 1.2 – 3.5 mini excavator stability (and safety) in any working condition is a top priority. With all our flails there is NO DRAIN LINE REQUIRED.
The amount of oil the flail requires from the mini digger is also very important. The hydraulic motor requires a min of 20 lt/min, which means that the operator won’t need to push “too hard on the accelerator”. Thus avoiding an increase in oil temperature even with very small diggers.
The LS1 version comes in the “REVERSIBLE” setup. This model doesn’t have the roller and can be operated cutting backwards and forwards instead of the standard process – cut, lift the arm up, bring bring it back, lower it and start cutting again.
Every flail mower is delivered with:
- Protective chains (LS2) or rubber (LS1) in front of the cutting opening to stop loose debris.
- Anti-cavitation block of valves: a system that stops the back pressure from damaging the hydraulic pump should there be a sudden stop of the rotor of the flail mower due to an obstacle or a foreign object being hit during cutting.
- Adjustable rear roller with 3 cutting positions (only LS2 Series)
- Optional: standard or quick hitch mounting brackets to fit any excavator. The mounting bracket is customised and can be produced following specifics supplied by the customer.
- 30° or 45° adaptor to cut hedges in narrow passages
If you have any further questions, or would simply like an informal chat. Please get in touch on 01524 242414 and one of our sales team will be happy to help. Or click ‘Get A Quote’ below and complete the short form.